Navigate / search

Free/Reduced Meals

To apply for free or reduced price meals or milk, use this Free and Reduced Meals Application , which can be printed using acrobat reader. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application the Food Service Department, 250 Church Street, Oakfield WI  53065. Completed applications can also be returned to their school or the district office between 7:00am and 3:30pm daily.


Children need healthy meals to learn. Oakfield School District offers healthy meals every school day. Elementary children (Grades 4K-5) may purchase a lunch for $2.40, and middle school and senior high students (Grades 6-12) may purchase a lunch for $2.80. Breakfast is offered at all schools. Breakfast is $1.45 for all students 4K-12. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. Our Computerized Meal System ensures no student may be identified as being approved for subsidized meals when receiving their lunch or milk.

Here are some frequently asked questions about free or reduced priced meals:

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: The Food Service Department, 250 Church Street, Oakfield, WI 53065.

Who can get free meals?

All children in households receiving benefits from FoodShare, the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) or W-2 Cash Benefits, can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if your household’s gross income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.

Who can get reduced price meals?

Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.

Can foster children get free meals?

Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are eligible for free meals.  Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income. More information can be found at under “Eligibility Benefits for Students in Foster Care, Kinship Care, and Chips.

Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?

Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals.  If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail your child’s school guidance counselor to see if they qualify.

Can children enrolled in a head start program receive free meals?

Yes, children who are enrolled in a Federally-funded Head Start Program, or a comparable State-funded Head Start Program or pre-kindergarten program using identical or more stringent eligibility criteria than the Federal Head Start Program or an Even Start Program.

Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals? 

Please read the letter carefully and follow the instructions.  Call the school at 920-583-2562 if you have questions.

My child’s application was approved last year.  Do i need to fill out another one? 

Yes.  Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year.  You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.  2

I get wic. Can my child(ren) get free meals?

Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals.  Please fill out an application.

Will the information i give be checked? 

Yes and we may also ask you to send written proof.

If i don’t qualify now, may i apply later?

Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year.  For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

What if i disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Sue Green, Superintendent, 300 White Street, Oakfield WI, 53065. Or call 920-583-4117.


If you have other questions or need help, call The Food Service Department at (920)583-2562.

Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al telefono: The Food Service Department at (920)583-2562.



Janelle Krause

Determining Official