Navigate / search

Free/Reduced Meals

To apply for free or reduced price meals or milk, use this Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application, which can be printed using acrobat reader. Individuals participating in the free or reduced lunch program during the past year are required to complete a new application each year. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to your child’s school office.

Children need healthy meals to learn. Waterford Graded School District offers healthy meals every school day. This year lunch costs will be- $2.50 for grades K-3, $2.60 for grades 4-6 and $2.75 for 7-8. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price ($.40) meals. Our Computerized Meal System ensures no student may be identified as being approved for subsidized meals when receiving their lunch or milk.

Here are some frequently asked questions about free or reduced priced meals:

Who can get free or reduced price meals or milk?

Children in households getting Food Stamps or W-2 and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can get free or reduced price meals or free milk.

Will the information I give be checked?

Yes, we may ask you to send written proof of the information you provide.

What if I stop getting Food Stamps or W-2?

If your children qualify because you listed a Food Stamp or W-2 case number, you must tell the school when you no longer get food stamps or W-2.

What if my household size or income changes?

If your children qualify for free or reduced price meals based on your income, you must tell us if your household size goes down or if your income goes up by more than $50 per month ($600 per year). Call your child’s school office. You do not have to fill out another application.

If I don’t qualify now, may I apply again later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Food Stamps or W-2. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals during the time you are unemployed.

What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

If a parent or guardian is dissatisfied with the ruling of the official, he/she may wish to discuss the decision with the determining official on an informal basis. Call your child’s school principal: Evergreen-Chris Multhauf; Trailside- Jim Dembosky; Woodfield-Shirley Guelig; Fox River-Darlene Markle.

If the parent/guardian wishes to make a formal appeal, he/she may make a request either orally or in writing to: Ed Brzinski, District Administrator 262-514-8250.

If you have other questions or need help, call your child’s building principal.